Monday, January 03, 2005

Concerning human endurance...

Thirteen hours of anything, except sleep, is a daunting thought. Try thirteen hours of Lord of the Rings. I may make that sound like a bad thing, but I assure you that it isn't (given proper break-time). Plus when you add a few talkative girls, Zach, and a glass of water and you get some interesting results.

I couldn't possibly have been doing anything better today. And now the plan for tomorrow sounds excellent: rest. Perhaps I'll check out Acoustic Works, the place that is replacing Indy's Music House. While I'm out, I may as well get a few CDs as well. I've been meaning to get Pink Floyd's The Piper at the Gate of Dawn and Incubus's Alive at Red Rocks. Who knows, I may see something else that strikes my fancy.

I should also take a look at the "homework" David gave me to go through the notes in a song and decide what chord is best suited. Roots, thirds, minor triads, major triads, fifths, and how to make sense out of them all... it seems a bit daunting now. Who ever would have thought that music has structure to it? Insane! Given my lack of understanding, I figure I'll have to make wild guesses here and be corrected and instructed for the lessons. Hopefully this will all be made clear and easy some day.

Maybe.

music: Massive Attack - Future Proof
(talk about the antithesis of music, eh?)

1 Comments:

At 8:46 PM, Blogger Charity said...

INTERESTING? That's not the word I'd use...you'll thank us some day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home