Tuesday, March 07, 2006

The shortest hair yet

For a long time, I thought of scissors similarly to how I think of political parties. Each blade of a pair of scissors is a perfect compliment to the other. They're mostly symmetrical, but at the same time opposite so that they fit together in all the right places. Similarly, Democrats and Republicans are the perfect compliments to each other. Don't believe me? Read some of what Al Franken or Ann Coulter have to say. Take them with a grain of salt, lest you should lose faith in American politics altoghether, please.

SIDE NOTE: I wonder what would happen if Al Franken and Ann Coulter had a baby...

Anyway!

Another profound similarity between political parties and the blades of scissors have this dichotomous relationship which tends to divide things in two. Throughout most of my high school career, I had a profound fear of both politics and scissors. The fear of politics hasn't relented. I've learned to accept scissors, though.

I've learned to accept scissors so much that I'll even get my hair cut in the room of Josh Johnson in Cary Quad. You may infer from this that whoever ends up cutting my hair probably isn't trained. Your inference would be correct.

Judging from the pictures, my hair looked pretty scary for a while. Some of the other pictures were pretty scary in and of themselves. But it all turned out cool in the end.

1 Comments:

At 1:26 PM, Blogger SaraY said...

You should have put up some of the scary ones on your blog!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home