Monday, May 08, 2006

So the freshman year is over..

Since everyone deserted Cair Paravel for a while, I decided I may as well go home for a bit.

First thing I did upon getting home was unload my car and take the bike for a victory lap around the Triton Central school district. Well... all of it except Lakeview and Boggstown. No one ever needed to visit those places. Then I went out for a little trip to the south side of Indianapolis to get some pants. It feels like it's been a really long time since I've been around there. It feels all different and stuff.

On Sunday Pastor Keddie preached on Christ's authority from Mark 11:27-12:12. And after that, Nathan and I headed out to Centerville to see our Aunt Ann and Uncle Jim.

We were wondering what ever became of Grandma's house on Fifth Street out in Richmond. Nathan and I asked Aunt Ann who was living there now, and we found out our cousin Jason bought it off the guy who won it at the auction and is living there now. So Nathan and I swung by there. It looks really different now, but at the same time, it's pretty much the same. It's kinda strange, but really neat to see a house go from an old person's house to a 20-something year old's house.

There was talk of the old farmhouse my grandparents used to own. That made me all nostalgic. They were having a virtual walkthrough of the house by talking about it, and I was surprised how much of it I actually remembered since I was about five years old when they sold the house and property. I most vividly remember the twisting stairs and how white it was. I vividly remember being creeped out every time I walked up them to the bedroom. And I remember the slave quarters beneath those stairs.. I think they were beneath the stairs, anyway.. Ah, I'd like to walk through that old house again.

We didn't get back from Richmond until something like 12:30. And naturally I woke up all bright and early at 6:30 that morning so I could bike down to the high school and see an old favorite teacher. Then I loaded my stuff into my dad's car and we headed down to Connersville where we planted some crown vetch and unloaded some concrete blocks.. then it was off to a local hardware store to get the boots.

Then I had a nap. And after my dad left, I climbed up on the roof to check out the view. I dunno if I'll do that again.. the roof is really really steep. At least I won't do it in sandals again.

And now here I am sitting in my new home that I never had. All I can really think of is how I don't have any homework, and it's a wonderful feeling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home