Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy 4th!

I just got back from "home" (i.e. Connersville). I'd add pictures tonight, but it's too late for me to be uploading them and everything...maybe I'll get them up on Thursday.

Anyway! Brief recap:

Friday: Watched Cast Away at the Mauser's. David Whitla was nowhere to be seen, so Ryan Cerbus was in charge. Only one point was brought up where I and probably several others could say, "Hey, that's flat out wrong." He handled the situation like a pro.

I drove the rest of the way to Connersville that night. I was really really tired. Ethan, my youngest nephew, was asleep under his cot. He must have been pretty tired, too.

Saturday: Paul and his boys and my parents and myself took a train ride to Metamora, Indiana. The train was limited to 15 mph, and Paul and I agreed that we could probably beat the train to its destination if we were on bicycles.

Metamora is a neat town if touristy tourist traps are your thing. There are some interesting sights, like a working grain mill and a canal lock.

Sunday: I drove over to Southside where I was reunited with brothers and sisters I hadn't seen in quite some time. Mrs. Keddie invited me over to dinner, and then I received about two more dinner invitations after that. It's rough being missed.

Ryan led Truth Group after the evening service. The question was what book has influenced us the most, and how. After all the fun and fellowship of that, Nick Ritenour invited me over to his apartment to crash on his couch. Many thanks go to Nick for that, and to Anna for making the blanket which kept me warm when I woke up freezing cold at 4 a.m.

Monday: I drove around Indianapolis a bit. I planned on taking pictures around Monument Circle, but it was so hazy that the colors were dull and I ditched the idea. When I was driving along, I hit a wormhole that took me to the eastern coast of Virginia. There was some yacht-type building, little narrow winding roads with lots of overgrowth, tiny lived-in houses, rebel flags, and little bodies of water. It was sorta creepy.

After stopping at Best Buy, I realized that my aunt was right about something she told me when I was younger. At the time, I blew it off as an impossibility. But it's quite possible, and becoming rather common. And annoying.

Then I went to Connersville where I sat around until I decided on something to do.. go check out Whitewater Park. I was swarmed by dragonflies, and got a few good pictures.

There were fireworks in Richmond that night, so we headed over to check them out. I'd say about 98% of the pictures I took did not turn out.

Tuesday: I did basically nothing until I headed back to West Lafayette. I got rid of some hair, cleaned out my car (finally), and changed the oil. There were only two quarts of oil left in my car. That means there is a fair amount of oil being burned. Is this the beginning of the end?

I'll leave on that suspenseful note because I'm really tired.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home