Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Lights, Camera, Transaction

I about turned Indianapolis upside-down today. First, in Wanamaker, I visit Acoustic Works. The place has a giant rack on the floor, a few scattered guitars, and bareness everywhere else. Not much merchandise yet, it would appear. But I got to meet the owner and no. 1 employee, both of which seem to be very nice people. They're business owners of the variety that will tell you their name, ask you theirs, get to know you a bit, and tell you what sort of plans they have for the place. While I'm not happy that Indy's Music House went under, I am happy that I'm being redirected to such a nice place.

They said something that made me wonder... That they plan on having a set-up where they can put bands together. If they have a student that just plays guitar, they could suggest a singer to go with him. Now, I'm not really much for the stage, but an idea came across my meek little mind... it will probably come to nothing, anyway.

Then I tore the town apart looking for the Incubus Alive at Red Rocks DVD. I saw it over at Ross Stackhouse's a month or so ago and decided it had great solos and live performances of songs, particularly Drive. In the end, it was no where to be found so I ordered it off of Amazon. But I did not come out of the ordeal empty-handed. I also picked up Mezzanine by Massive Attack and A Crow Left of the Murder... by Incubus.

And I got thoroughly confused with all the music theory.

Now I must be going to bed since I have school in the morning. We'll see how that goes. It will be odd without welding class. I'm going to miss it.

*sniff*

music: Incubus - Talk Shows on Mute

1 Comments:

At 2:07 AM, Blogger Edwin Allen Henry said...

I can sing ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home