Wednesday, October 19, 2005

The article

Thanks Kara for the link to the article. I looked at The Exponent's site and was under the impression that they only archive after six months. Anyway, here it is in all its quoted glory.

On Oct. 1, as I was walking home from Chauncey Village, a line of people carrying cards about abortion greeted me. They were carrying cards with slogans like "Abortion Kills." The line went up to the Catholic Center.

I was totally insulted by by this. We are a free country, we believe in free speech and freedom of choice. But why is that freedom denied to women? Why do we have the whole society tell us what to do and what not to do? The decision to keep a baby or not is a very personal decision and should be left to a woman and her doctor. Telling a woman that if she aborts a child she will be sinner is wrong.

The other thing that angered me was that they were doing this inside the University campus. Is there no University rule that can stop this? We have so many young men and women on campus, and if they see that in the 21st century it is still right to order and direct woman, the whole purpose of education is defeated.

I hope that in future this kind of activity will be kept away from campus.

Bhumika Ghimire

West Lafayette, Ind.


Not only should the first amendment be done away with according to Bhumika, but we're infringing upon the liberties of women! Evil men that we are!

Isaac and Stephen already touched on this subject as Anna was driving us back from the Beavers' house.

Isaac: Doesn't he realize that I know a good number of woman [sic] was there?
Stephen: Yeah, 78% of Anna was there, that's a significant amount of woman.

So there you have it folks. I guess I don't know what the point is. Then again, I'm not sure what Bhumika's point is either. Well, I guess my point is, if men could have babies to abort and we aborted them, I'd be still be protesting.

(edited for clarity, it was too early when I first wrote it)

1 Comments:

At 11:08 AM, Blogger Edwin Allen Henry said...

The Isaac/Stephen conversation was hilarious (as is to be expected). :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home