Thursday, November 10, 2005

Bicycle woes

So last night I'm riding over to Windsor at a considerable velocity. There's a huge hole in the sidewalk. After running right through the middle of it, I noticed my gears seemed to be changing back and forth with every fifth or sixth cycle of the pedals. It continued doing this on the way to class this morning, so I decided to take a closer look.

Turns out it's not changing gears, but apparently there's slack in the chain and the chain is sort of folding up over itself right as it gets off of the gear, and when I pedal, it pulls the slack out with a thunking noise which sounds and feels like changing gears. Anyway, I don't know what gives. It saddens me. That old bike has seen better days.

Has anyone else ever experienced anything like this?

3 Comments:

At 12:18 PM, Blogger hatrick said...

I was going to Windsor to get food.

I didn't realize that riding your bike on the sidewalk was illegal. There's no way that's enforced at Purdue... I've never seen or heard of anyone getting stopped for riding on the sidewalk.

 
At 11:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have

 
At 1:08 AM, Blogger SaraY said...

Hey Patrick, I just found your blog. It made me laugh. That would be a good thing :-). Sorry I have no clue how to fix bikes but that does not sound particularily good....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home