Wednesday, January 04, 2006

R&R

Rest
When Christmas break was beginning, I briefly felt like I was expected to work while on vacation. Then I realized--it's not like I'm jobless, and it's not like I have stopped being a student. I'm just allowed to have a nice long break from it.

Not that I'm trying to justify three and a half weeks of not doing any real work, save lugging my stuff as I move around.

So here I am in West Lafayette, the week before classes start. I briefly swung by my dorm room to pick up my old textbooks to sell. Cary Quad is d-e-a-d dead. But it's kinda nice to see the lack of activity. There really isn't anything except a few people moving in to apartments and joggers. There's something strangely satisfying with the relaxed pace.

That bookstore--I don't understand them. They'd buy my Microsoft Outlook book back, but not Word, Powerpoint, Excel or Frontpage.

Weeeeeeeeee-ird.

Chicken Dance Dance Revolution
So my brother Paul was telling me how he was getting his wife a PS2 and DDR for their anniversary, in addition to a dinner. Then what should I see on toothpastefordinner.com but this!


http://www.toothpastefordinner.com/

1 Comments:

At 11:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fantastic!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home