Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Return of the Rain

Anyone in Indiana knows that it has been raining for the past week or so. Today was the first day it let up. I decided I would take advantage of the fair weather by going for a bike ride.

I was riding down a bike trail that goes along the Wabash River when I came upon a flooded section. Now, I had just passed a lady walking her dog and she was not soaked or anything, so I didn't imagine the water could be very deep. I quickly looked at the railing along the trail and determined that it couldn't be any more than six inches deep, so I decided to slowly ride through it.

Things were good for about twenty feet, then I started to notice that my shoes were dipping into the water as I pedaled. Then suddenly, FWOOSH. I was up to my knees in water and I decided I should get off the bike and carry it the rest of the way.

There must have been at least 30" of water. My initial guess of 6" was way off.

I guess I have to be kept humble sometimes.

After getting out of the water, I stopped to inspect my bike and make sure everything was in working order. I popped the wheels off to clean the dirt out of my brakes, and what should happen, but it starts to rain!

For your amusement, here are my pants.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home