Thursday, July 06, 2006

Out of 211 pictures...

I'll only post these.


The water lilies in the pond promptly died after I took these pictures. Seriously. They closed right up and submerged to a watery death. I felt sorta bad about it.




The house reflected in the pond


One of the goldfish that sat still long enough to not get all blurred.




This is an awesome picture of Ethan.




Paul and Adrian on the Whitewater Valley train to Metamora, Indiana.




The passenger cars were built in the 1920s and weighed something like 92,000 lbs apiece. I believe it, too. The floors were made of concrete.




I forget the name of this river/creek.




Our destination: Metamora. There's the canal with the water mill that goes over to the corn mill.




Neither of my nephews could climb this branch. I was only slightly disappointed in them.




The gear room under the corn mill.




Gordon's Lock






Aqueduct.




Stand By Me, anyone?




A couple of draft horses pulling a boat along the canal. The folks guiding the horses had broken more of a sweat than the horses did.




Paul, Ethan, and I spending some time together at Connersville's park. Adrian wasn't there because he opted to stay at Grandma and Grandpa's house to watch Nickelodeon.




Ethan giving Paul and me a ride.




I dunno what kind of flower this is, but it's pretty even though it's terribly common.




This dragonfly kept pestering me, so I took his picture. Several times. Each time, I got a little closer. He let me get close enough I had to put the camera on macro.




Some man fishing in the tailwaters at Whitewater Memorial Park.




"home"




Here are the people of Richmond waiting for fireworks.








Water! Coke! Sprite!




The grand finale. There were about five half-sticks of dynamite or something that went off. You could feel the explosions in your gut. Maybe I've been sheltered all my life, but I've never seen or heard anything like it at a fireworks show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home