Saturday, November 12, 2005

Concerning sleep

I really should be asleep right now. Except I'm not.

My bed doesn't feel right. I'm at home by the way. So instead of being in my bed where I should be, I'm laying on the couch. Hopefully that will work out better.

I saw Triton Central's presentation of The Foreigner. It was a pretty durn good play. Funny. I'm really sorry that I'm not still part of the drama cast. It was a ton of fun to see the cast go from stumbling over all their lines to mastering them (for the most part) and then to see them add their own twist to the lines. Sadly, you don't get to see any of that as you just observe it once as an audience member.

For this reason, I think The Nerd was a more enjoyable play. Because I was actually involved. But The Foreigner was good too, which makes me all the more sorry I wasn't in it.

Sigh.

Driving on the north side of Indianapolis this afternoon, I was reminded very much of going to strange and new restuarants with Paul on Thansgiving. The first time was to an Afghani (Afghan? I don't know the proper word) restaurant called Kabul. It was the night before Thanksgiving. And very cold. I thought it was so neat being in an area I was unfamiliar with, spending some quality time with Paul and his wife Amy. Then the other time was to a Russian restaurant (I forget the name) but afterwards we went to a friend of Paul's house. I remember it was snowing that night, too. Man, good times. It's kinda funny how just driving through an area of Indianapolis will bring it all back.

Well, I need to put the lappy back down and shut my eyes. I'm really tired. "In My Life" by The Beatles is a really cool song.

It is now my intention to fall asleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home