Friday, May 19, 2006

Employment Roller Coaster

Originally, I was going to begin working with Charley on the Sigma Chi frat house either on 5/15 or 5/22.

In the time between school letting out and the project beginning, I planned on working at the car wash. However, the car wash told me they couldn't give me any work to do for such a short amount of time.

Then when budgeting difficulties arose with Sigma Chi, the project got delayed for an undetermined amount of time. This means no work for Patrick for a while.

But lo! It wasn't long after this that I got an email from Charley telling me that they found another project that I could start on 5/31 or 6/1. For me, this was very good news indeed. I'd be starting a bit later than originally planned, but hey, stuff comes up and doesn't always work the way we plan, right?

Then, on May 19, 2005, at approximately 3:40 pm, unbeknownst to me, the following (paraphrased) conversation takes place:

Some guy: I need a laboror now!
Charley: Hold on just one minute

Then my phone rings.

Charley: You're not in the middle of anything, are you?
Me: No.
Charley: Alright, do you think you can get to the laborer's union, like, now?

A position opened up for me to start working on Monday. So after a trip to the union, and after being stripped of a substantial wad of cash, and after peeing in a cup, I am officially ready to begin working.

No more sleeping in and lazily reading all day for me.

YES

2 Comments:

At 8:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you males know how good you have it when it comes to long drives and peeing in cups?

 
At 11:28 AM, Blogger hatrick said...

Yes, though this was less a matter of convenience and more a matter of making sure I don't do drugs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home