Monday, July 31, 2006

Undersaturation!

Please excuse the horrible, horrible picture. It's very bright outside and nearly noon when the picture was taken, hence the lack of color.



Anyway, what you're looking at here is two lofts worth of lumber and hardware (a princely sum of money, I found out) loaded into a Focus station wagon.

I tell you what, station wagons are seriously awesome. Not only can you load one down with two lofts worth of lumber, but the hatch accomodates bike racks better than any standard trunk. Plus, you can sit people in the back on top of the lumber (sorry again about those bumps in the road, Eleni). As if all that weren't enough to make station wagons awesome, there's more. This one is a stickshift!

I used to talk big about buying a huge truck when I'm some big time construction manager. I mean, yeah, it'd be cool to have some heavy duty truck jacked up off the ground with some turbodiesel motor or something with so much torque that the cab rocks when you burp the accelerator, but it just wouldn't have the charm of a station wagon.

Yes sir, I think a station wagon is the automocar for me. One with Environment plates.

1 Comments:

At 10:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nothing can beat a van, in my opinion. The hauling capacity is great... you've got no worries about getting your stuff rained on or anything, you can put tons in it (might have to drive a little slower though), you can get a lot of people in it too, the seats are relatively easy to take out and put in as well, they ride high, and they're pretty cool. I don't know about souping up the engine and etc. tho.
But regardless, I'm all for vans. But trucks are nice as well. And station wagons, though I like the rear seat wagons the best.
Oh, and limo's are pretty sweet, not for the hauling of jazz capacity though, but as far as people goes, they're good.

Anyways, hope things are well, Patrick. Talk to you later!
-Allen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home