Wednesday, July 26, 2006

no title

This past weekend, I finally found out what the Monon Trail is all about. It's mostly about 32 miles with a couple of detours and getting to where the car is parked. It's actually pretty cool with all the trees and shade and generally pretty landscape. There's also something cool about crossing street after street that people you know live on. The only real problem is wrecking into small children (d'oh) and all the stop signs, which you eventually learn to ignore.

I came home fairly late Sunday night (extended fellowship, you might say). Nathan was back from South Carolina by the time I walked in the house. He asked if I was doing anything on Monday because he had the day off. I said I only had to do homework.

And so, just like that at 11 o'clock at night, we decided that we'd head to King's Island the next morning.

We noticed traffic was backed up. Wayyyyy up. And they had us parking in the Boomerang Bay area. We should have known something was up. Something was up indeed. That day was "bring a friend" day.. anyone with a season pass could bring a guest for free.

There were so many people at the park that day, they blew a main fuse so that only one ride still worked. We stood in line for a broken down ride for I don't know how long.. it was long enough that the heat was making me lightheaded. The employee we talked to said that they estimated there were three times the number of guests they normally have. She said they thought they had 50,000 guests. It was a busy, busy day.

When I go to Six Flags Great America, I anticipate much shorter lines and much more roller coasting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home