Monday, July 17, 2006

The noteworthy day's summary

Today, after helping my dad bleed the clutch and brake lines on his Sunbeam, I went shopping.

While shopping, I made some weighty decisions largely due to the gargantuan amounts of time I have on my hands without a job, and also because my dad sort of encouraged it by not discouraging it.

When I was done shopping, I took the most expensive bike ride of my life.

I won't post any pictures since I've already been told that there are too many pictures of such things on here anyway.

The best part of the bike ride had to be riding past a little girl, probably about four years old, sitting on a bike of her own. I would probably have been a slightly intimidating sight to most girls her age, given the bald head and bandana with the sleeveless shirt. However, she didn't recoil in horror, no, but she just shouted this happiest little "Hi!" that I've heard in a good long while. Kids are so cool.

3 Comments:

At 9:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Most people don't understand the gargantuan amounts of entertainment little kids can provide. Not only are they funny, they have sweet toys as well. Like pink, blow-up guitars.

 
At 4:07 PM, Blogger Andrew said...

Blimy! Did you actually buy a road bike? What kind is it? And after looking through your blog, I believe the last pictures you posted of a bike were in May. I need a fix. Besides, all those old photos were pretty much of the same collection of bikes. You should really redeem yourself by posting some new ones.

 
At 1:40 PM, Blogger hatrick said...

I did buy a road bike. It's a Giant, of course (what else could I possibly buy?). I'll see if I can muster a photo to redeem myself if for no other reason.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home