Thursday, January 13, 2005

Again with the rain

I've been going to school early a lot lately. As a result, I've been going to bed slightly earlier and earlier. But when I don't have to go in early, I stay up and sleep in. It's kind of frustrating. Maybe I should just tell myself I need to get up early every morning. It's not like it's a bad thing to do that. It would give me more time to do things like morning prayer, perhaps. It probably wouldn't hurt my health any to go to bed earlier and get up earlier anyway.

The art classes are frustratingly overcrowded and undersupplied. Triton Central seems to have no appreciation for art. Poor Mr. Howard has to buy all the supplies with money out of his pocket and most of them end up getting stolen by the end of the month. Due to a lack of wax carving tools, my ring is coming along extremely slowly and other problems (mostly creative) are keeping me from finishing the watercolor sunset. I'm kind of afraid to do anything to it since the sun and the colors are so pretty. I feel like adding to it would ruin it.

The anti-climactic train wreck that is Ethan Frome should be avoided. The only nice thing I'll say about it is it's interesting how the characters interact, but I'm afraid that's not enough to save it from being a mediocre book.

So far, teaching French III the subjunctive has gone swimmingly. For a bunch of juniors at TC, they don't do bad.

It started raining today. On a whim, I took the back roads home. Big Sugar Creek is more like Big Sugar River.



The trees mark where the bank is


music: Incubus - Teardrop

1 Comments:

At 8:53 PM, Blogger Edwin Allen Henry said...

Wow! Craziness - I was wondering how things looked o'er yonder blue ridge! ;)
Later man,
Allen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home