Saturday, January 15, 2005

Of swords and rocket launchers...

I don't know why, but I am horrible at Halo on XBox. Some of it may have to do with the fact that I really don't play very many video games, but still, I've played Halo enough that I should think I would have respectable skill. Yet I still get owned time after time. Against an equally armed opponent, I may fire three seconds on someone, and in less than that amount of time, I get killed. People (Adam) that don't even own the game do better than I do. For this reason I have concluded that the XBox stacks things against me. I always knew those consoles hated me. Why else would I lose so often in every other game I play?

Reason for bringing this up is I just got back from Stephen's house. We were up all night playing Halo 2. There were four XBoxes, four TVs, and ten people. Nine after Isaac left around 11 o'clock. Now, don't get me wrong here, Halo is fun. If I didn't think so, I wouldn't have stayed over and played it. But I hate it. There is something about it that just prevents me from excelling and it's frustrating. I feel like I've hit a wall once my frag-to-death ratio reaches 1:4. In the face of all this frustration, I got a bit drowsy and dozed off. I woke up around 5:30 with Satchmo sleeping on me.

I foretell that this next week of school is going to be a breeze. Monday there is no school of course, Wednesday I'll be at the State House, and Thursday we go to Butler to tape Brain Game and then go to get a free meal. Well, free for us, anyway. Then Friday, eh, who ever does anything on Friday?

I have AP Biology, English, and some French to work on. I think I'll do some of that and then lay down. Or something. I'm tired.

music: Cardigans - Erase/Rewind

2 Comments:

At 6:51 PM, Blogger Nathan said...

Sounds like you and me would make for a good match in Halo. I am absolutely pitiful at that game.

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger Katie said...

never ever played halo before but I've found that not all computer games are for me. I usually get tired of them (but that takes a while) and try something new.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home