Thursday, February 02, 2006

Hodgepodge of stuff

Von's and Strings

So I've heard a few people tell me I need to go to Von's. Then I heard they have guitar strings, so I thought I'd check it out since McGuire's Music is expensive and they didn't treat me all that well.

Von's has a pretty good selection of guitar strings, so long as you want Ernie Ball. But what makes it really worth it is they're priced from $5.99 to $6.99! I haven't gotten strings for that cheap since Indy's Music House closed down.

Yesterday, I decided on silk and bronze strings. The silk and bronze is very mellow and soft. Normally, I get phosphor bronze strings which are bright and have pretty good sustain. I'm not sure if I like these silks better than phosphor bronze. They both sound good, but for very different reasons. I like the price of the silk strings better, though, so I just might stick with them. For now, at least...

6 String * 2

The first time I played a 12 string guitar, I was a guitar n00b and really didn't have the dexterity or strength to play a guitar. So when Andrew let me play his 12 string, it was like a new experience. I have pretty much decided I need to buy one.

Trig

So the first exam for MA 154 was last night. There was one outstanding story problem...

Alex is trying to throw Carter onto the roof of the house. Alex is standing 12 feet from the base of the house, which is directly below the edge of the roof, and calculates that he will have to throw Carter at an angle of 32 degrees with the horizontal in order for him to land on the edge of the roof. How far will Carter fly through the air before landing on the edge of the roof? Assume that Carter travels in a straight line and round to the nearest tenth of a foot.


I stopped what I was doing when I read that and looked around me to see if anyone else thought it was funny. I didn't see any reactions. Maybe I'm just crazy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home